Scalloped Potatoes with Ham
- 3 pounds red-skinned potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups cooked ham, diced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 10 3/4-ounce can cream of mushroom or cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup water
Butter the sides and bottom of the slow cooker insert.
Add the potatoes, onions, cheese and ham. Sprinkle with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Toss to distribute.
In a small bowl, combine the condensed soup with the water. Pour the soup mixture over the potato mixture in the slow cooker.
Cover and cook on high for 4 hours, or until potatoes are tender. Gently stir just before serving.
Mushroom Wild Rice
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 10 1/2-ounce can condensed beef consommé, undiluted
- 10 1/2-ounce can condensed French onion soup, undiluted
- 3 4-ounce cans mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
Combine all ingredients in a 3-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on low until rice is tender, about 3 to 4 hours.
Pumpkin Pie Pudding
- 15-ounce can pumpkin puree
- 2 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 12-ounce can evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup biscuit baking mix
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large eggs
- Whipped cream or whipped topping and cinnamon-sugar for garnish
Spray the slow cooker with nonstick spray or lightly oil the inside.
In a mixing bowl, beat ingredients together with an electric mixer on low until smooth. Pour the mixture into the prepared slow cooker. Cover and cook on low 6 to
8 hours, or cook on high 3 to 4 hours.
Spoon pudding into cups. Top with whipped topping or a lightly spiced whipped cream and cinnamon sugar.
Festive Brussel Sprouts
- 2 pounds fresh Brussels sprouts, thinly sliced
- 2 large apples (Fuji or Braeburn), chopped
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled, divided
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped hazelnuts or pecans, toasted
Combine Brussels sprouts, apples, cranberries and 1/4 cup bacon.
In a small mixing bowl, whisk together vinegar, syrup, oil, salt and pepper. Pour over Brussels sprouts mixture and toss to coat.
Transfer to a 5-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on low, until sprouts reach desired tenderness, about 2 to 4 hours. Stir once during the cooking process.
To serve, sprinkle with hazelnuts and remaining bacon.
Chocolate Pudding Cake
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (2-layer size)
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 6-ounce package instant chocolate pudding
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- Ice cream
Grease the slow-cooker interior or spray with nonstick spray. In a bowl, mix together everything except the ice cream until well blended. Transfer to the slow cooker.
Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. Do not lift the lid. Serve warm with ice cream.
White Chicken Chili
- 2 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 15.5-ounce cans white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 4-ounce cans green chiles
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Sour cream
- Sliced avocado
- Lime wedges
Remove chicken from chili and shred. Mash about one-third of the beans before returning chicken to slow cooker. Stir in shredded chicken and cover. Leave slow cooker on warm until ready to serve.
Top with sour cream, avocado and lime.
Savory Cranberry Pork Roast
- 2 1/2- to 3-pound boneless rolled pork loin roast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 14-ounce can whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Cut roast in half and place in a 3-quart slow cooker. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Combine the remaining ingredients and pour over roast.
Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours, or until a meat thermometer reaches 160 F.
Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.