Morning Comfort Toddy
- 16 ounces hot water
- ¼ fresh lemon
- Dash of powdered ginger
- Drop of peppermint extract
- Small dash of cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
Heat the water in a tea kettle. Squeeze and drop the lemon into a mug. Add the spices and peppermint. Fill the mug with steaming water. Add the honey or maple, stirring to blend all the flavors. Enjoy this hot drink before breakfast to gently awaken your digestion, or after eating to soothe your belly.
Chocolate Blueberry Spice Smoothie
- 1 banana
- ½ cup frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons vanilla protein powder
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 cups cashew milk
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
Blend all ingredients on high until smooth and thoroughly mixed. Pour into tall glasses and enjoy immediately.
Apply Berry Crisp With Toasted Almonds
- ¼ cup sliced almonds, soaked and drained
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 Braeburn apples, peeled and chopped
- 10 ounces frozen mixed berries
- ¼ cup ghee
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon cloves or allspice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons rice flour
- 1/8 cup vanilla protein powder
- 1 cup rolled oats
Heat oven to 350 F.
Toast the almonds by heating them in a frying pan for 3 to 5 minutes over medium heat until browned. Set aside. Oil an approximate 6-inch-by-8-inch casserole dish with coconut oil. Pour berries and apples into the dish, mixing and spreading evenly. Set aside.
Mix the dry ingredients together in a small bowl. Cut in the ghee and add the vanilla, mashing with a fork until evenly mixed. The texture should be somewhat sticky and crumbly so small clumps form. Add slightly more oats and/or ghee as needed. Crumble the mixture on top of the berries and apples, covering the entire dish. Sprinkle the almonds evenly over the top.
Cover with foil and bake for 20 to 30minutes or until the apples are tender and the top is browned and crisp.
Asian Lettuce Wraps
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 14 ounces firm tofu, rinsed and chopped into ½-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon Garam Marsala spice blend
- ¼ medium red bell pepper, diced
- ½ medium Roma tomato, diced
- ¼ medium yellow onion, diced
- 5 medium baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ cup creamy coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 8 leaves butter lettuce, washed and whole
- 1/3 cup cashews
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
Combine all ingredients except lettuce. Sauté over medium heat in a large pan for 10 to 15 minutes, or until mushrooms and peppers are soft and tofu is browned. Stir frequently.
Lay lettuce leaves open-faced on a large plate. Spoon the sautéed filling into each leaf. Garnish with cilantro and cashews.
Grab ‘n’ Go Greek Salad Bowl
- 8 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
Shake all ingredients in a jar until combined. Store in a bottle or jar for easy remixing before serving.
- ½ large head butter lettuce, washed and shredded
- 8 ounces Kalamata olives, drained
- 8 ounces artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 6 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 12 ounces canned garbanzo beans, drained
Toss together all ingredients except the lettuce. Spread ingredients on a bed of lettuce and toss with dressing just before serving.
No-Hassle Curried Slow Cooker Dinner
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 12 ounces canned garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 to 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 cup creamy coconut milk
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup dried currants
- ½ large leek, diced
- ½ cup cashews, lightly toasted in a frying pan
- Fresh cilantro, chopped, for garnish
Place all ingredients except cashews and cilantro in a slow cooker. Cook on medium-low for 6 to 8 hours. Garnish with cashews and cilantro before serving. Enjoy hot.